Under the Emigration Rules made under Emigration Ordinance 1979, Articles of Association, and Memorandum of Overseas Pakistanis Foundation, OPF Education Division is vested with the following responsibilities
- Giving of scholarships, stipends or grants to the children of the emigrants for studies in the field of science, technology, art and management in Pakistan and abroad.
- Establishment and management of educational institutions in Pakistan in which the children of the emigrants are to study.
OPF has established a high quality education system comprising of 24 educational institutions throughout the country including Azad Jammu & Kashmir. These include two state-of-the-art colleges, OPF Girls College, F-8/2 Islamabad, and OPF Boys College, H-8/4, Islamabad and 22 secondary and higher secondary level educational institutions. At present more than 17,000 students are studying at OPF institutions out of which more than 2500 students are children of overseas Pakistanis. 1282 teaching and non-teaching staff are employed in these institutions.
The education system provides quality education for the children of Overseas Pakistanis from Pre-Nursery to Graduation Level. Educational institutions in Islamabad also provide education in O & A Level streams. OPF provides the structures, human resources, budget and administrative & management support to ensure that the quality of service delivery is maintained at a high level.
OPF is constantly drawing up strategies, policies and plans for educational reforms and development at OPF Educational institutions. Education Division drafts relevant rules and regulations for schools in OPF Education System and supervises their implementation.
OPF Girls College was established, in 1985, in the heart of Capital city, Sector F-8/2 Islamabad, on an area of 100 kanals. College is providing quality education from Pre-nursery to Graduation level to the children of Overseas Pakistanis and general public for the last 29 years. Presently 4,800 students are enrolled in the college out of which 702 are children of Overseas Pakistanis. The institution has hostel facility for the children of OP’s. It can provide boarding/lodging facility to more than 100 students from Primary to Graduation Level. Transport facility for pick & drop of students is also available at the College. 450 highly qualified teaching/non-teaching staff put their hearts and heads for excellence of the institution. Due to their untiring efforts and dedication, OPF Girls College has now become a symbol of prestige and its academic and financial performance over the years has remained outstanding.
OPF Boys College was established in 2001 at H-8/4 Islamabad on an area of 56 kanal. College is providing quality education from Middle to Intermediate level. Presently more than 1400 students are studying in the College out of which 256 are children of Overseas Pakistanis. 122 teaching and non-teaching staff are making their full efforts to win the confidence of parents and students. A hostel is being constructed for the provision of boarding/lodging for students coming to study at OPF Boys College, Islamabad, from other parts of the country particularly for the children of overseas Pakistanis. College also provides transport facility for the pick & drop of students.
OPF has established 22 other educational institutions in different cities of the country including Azad Jammu & Kashmir. These educational institutions provide quality education from Pre-Nursery level to Secondary/Higher Secondary Level. 10,879 students are enrolled in these 22 educational institutions out of which 1,550 are children of Overseas Pakistanis. These institutions are affiliated with boards of intermediate & secondary education of their respective regions. The educational institutions established in Azad Jammu & Kashmir are affiliated with Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Islamabad.
- 100% assurance for admission to the children of overseas Pakistanis at OPF educational institutions.
- 50% concession in tuition fee at all OPF institutions.
|FOR STUDENTS STUDY IN||MONTHLY STIPPEND FOR DAY SCHOLAR (RS.)||MONTHLY STIPEND FOR BOARDERS (RS.)|
|Intermediate Level||Rs. 1,500/-||Rs. 3,000/-|
|Graduation (B.A, B.Sc)||Rs. 25,00/-||Rs. 4,000/-|
|Professional Degree / Courses (BS, B.Sc. Hons., MBBS, Engineering, B.Com, IT, etc.)||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 45,00/-|
|Master Level (Public Sector Universities)||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 5,000/-|
For Master level students following fee will also be paid
- Admission Fee & Registration Fee
- Tuition Fee
- Examination Fee
- Lab fee
- Thesis fee (where applicable)
- Father/Mother of the applicant must be registered member of OPF (Valid for 3 years after permanent return)
- Monthly income of parents should be equal or less than Rs. 10,0000/-
- Applicant should be a regular student of an educational institution affiliated with/recognized by local Boarder/Universities/HEC
- For Intermediate scholarships, applicant must have secured minimum 60% marks in his/her last SSC Board exam
- For Graduation Level scholarships, applicant must have minimum minimum 60% marks in his/her last HSSC Board exam
- For Master Level scholarships, applicant must have minimum 60% marks or minimum CGPA 2.5 in BA/BSc/B.Com/BS/BBA etc
- Provincial Domicile
- The children of deceased registered OP’s are also eligible to apply in case his/her parent has died within 03 years before the last date of the advertisement
- Not availing any other scholarship during the current academic year
To cater the demand of admission of children of overseas Pakistanis in reputed educational institutions of Public and Private sector to pursue higher and professional education, OPF in making efforts to reserve a quota for the admission of the children of OP’s with an objective to allow their admissions on the charges applicable to local students rather than treating them as foreign students. So far, OPF has been successful in reserving quota for admission of OP’s children in the following educational institutions:
|SR NO.||INSTITUTION||RESERVED SEATS|
|1||Khyber Medical College, Peshawar||1 Seat|
|2||Ayub Medical College, Abottabad||2 Seats|
|3||KPK Agriculture University, Peshawar||2 Seat|
|4||19 P.A.F Colleges / Schools||128 Seats|
|5||Fatima Jinnah Dental College, Karachi||25 seats (along with 15% discount in tuition fee)|
|6||Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan (Under Graduate & Post Graduate programs)||127 Seats|
|7||University Of Agriculture, Faisalabad (under degree program)||22 seats|
|8||Warsak Cadet College (Peshawar) reserved on its own||15 seats|
Children of all OPF registered overseas Pakistanis can apply for admission to these institutions.
OPF will be making continuous efforts to reserve more seats for the children of OP’s in the best professional colleges and universities of the country at fees / dues applicable to the local students. In this regard OPF will be adopting the following practices rigorously:
- By contacting HEC, PM&DC, Chancellors and Vice Chancellors
- By legislation (provincial as well as federal)
- By collaborating with renowned private education systems such as LUMS, GIKI, Comsats etc. on long term basis for acquiring special quota in their respective educational systems on concessional charges / dues.