There are approximately 9 million Overseas Pakistanis living around the globe. The issues/problems of overseas Pakistanis working abroad vary from country to country. However, mostly the problems are work related in Middle Eastern/Gulf countries. In order to resolve the complaints of overseas Pakistanis; OPF Complaint Cell was established in June, 2001. The complaints are received through the following sources:
- Prime Minister’s Office
- Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis & HRD
- Pak Missions Abroad
- OPs Grievance Cell Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Directly from the OPs through post, e-mail, fax, Online Complaints Management System and personal visits.
- OPF registered members are eligible for services offered by OPF.
- Overseas Pakistanis who are not registered can obtain membership.
Overseas Pakistanis are advised to submit their complaints with complete details and documentary proof as per area of jurisdiction pertaining to their complaints for early resolution of grievances to minimize time gap before initial action.
During the year 2017, 1225 complaints have been registered with OPF for appropriate action and about 383 cases have been settled and rest are being pursued with concerned departments.
1. LAWYERS PANEL FOR OVERSEAS PAKISTANIS
- In order to speed up the process and provide relief to the Overseas Pakistanis in pursuing their cases, especially pertaining to illegal occupation of land by Qabza Groups/Land Mafia property disputes and family matters etc. OPF offer services of some well reputed, experienced and dynamic lawyers on OPF Lawyers’ Panel. The Overseas Pakistanis may contact these lawyers directly and mutually settle the terms and conditions for pursuing their cases and also inform OPF so that OPF will monitor these cases. The list of lawyers is available on the OPF website.
- Personal intervention by OPF officials to resolve the complaints.
2. NEW MEASURES
Keeping in view the needs of Overseas Pakistanis, Police Officers in 05 Divisions & Additional Commissioners in 09 Divisions have been nominated as focal persons in Punjab Province. Likewise Facilitation Centre for Overseas Pakistanis (FCOP) established at DCO Office Jhelum w.e.f. May 2014.
For AJ&K, the office of the Chief Secretary (AJK) at Islamabad has been declared as focal point which issues directives to Officers in 10 Districts being the focal persons.
For Sindh Province AIGP (Operation) Karachi and last but not least, in KPK, all Addl. Deputy Commissioners are the focal persons.
Register yourself on OPF web portal for launching complaints. Please click on button below.