The e-Learning initiative of OPF was inaugurated by the then Minister of State Mr. Abdul Rehman Khan Kanju, Ministry of OPs and HRD on 29.03.2018. The ceremony was attended by OPF Senior Management, Senior Teachers, Students, Parents, Media Personnel and Education Experts.
Since the inauguration, online lectures are being started for the approved OPF Educational Institutions. The lectures are initially conducted for 9th and 10th class for 5 subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, English, Biology and Maths. Online lectures are also being monitored by Education Division from OPF Head Office, Islamabad. All the lectures are being recorded and accordingly a repository of online lectures is being maintained so that it can be utilized by OPF’s students for enriching their knowledge during preparation for exams. The repository of recorded lectures will also be utilized for OPF’s educational YouTube channel.
To cope with the shortage of teachers across various OPF’s Educational Institutions operating in different parts of the country and to deliver lectures to a network of classrooms at other OPF institutions, all inter-connected with technology, OPF has selected the following three institutions located in Islamabad and Rawalpindi:
- OPF Boys College Islamabad
- OPF Girls College Islamabad
- OPF Girls Higher Secondary School Rawalpindi
To achieve the above said purpose, following activities have been carried out:
- Established Sound-Proof E-Learning Studios at each of the Leading Institutions mentioned above
- Installed Interactive White Board/Screen along with Focused Camera with pre-installed Net Meeting Software at E-Learning Studio.
- Installed Dedicated Internet Connection for uploading/airing the online lectures.
- Imparted Training to teachers of Leading Institutions to use the Interactive White Board for conducting Online Lectures.
The students of following schools receive the online lectures carried out by experienced teachers of OPF’s flagship institutions such as Girls College Islamabad, Boys College Islamabad and Girls Higher Secondary School, Rawalpindi
- OPF Public School, Sheikhupura
- OPF Public School, Sanghar
- OPF Public School, Karachi
- OPF Public School, Quetta
- OPF Public School, Hangu
- OPF Public School, Kotli
- OPF Public School, Muzaffarabad
- OPF Public School Dadu
- OPF Public School D. I Khan
- OPF Public School Bhalwal
- OPF Public School Multan
- OPF Public School Kallar Seydan
- OPF Public School Larkana
- OPF Public School Peshawar
- OPF Public School Mansehra
- OPF Public School Badin
To attain the above said purpose successfully, following activities have been carried out:
- Installed Interactive White Board (This is used as Screen when online lectures are carried out while in other time it is used to impart education to students at each of the beneficiary schools)
- Provisioned Laptop with Wide Angle Camera with pre-installed Net meeting Software
- Installed Internet Connection for downloading/receiving the online lectures
- Imparted Training to teachers of Beneficiary Schools to use the Interactive White Board for carrying out Lectures/Classes for its students