As per Memorandum and Article of Association, OPF was “to establish, maintain or aid vocational training institutions for providing training in such trades as are in demand overseas”. Accordingly, OPF established Training Division in 1980. Since its inception, OPF Training Division have trained 60,000 persons in various training centers of OPF as well as through public/private partnership in various trades such as Earth Moving / Construction Machinery, Electrician, Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning, Tracer, Civil Draftsman, Quantity Surveyor, Electronics / TV Mechanic, Carpenter, Mason, Plumber, Welder / steel Fixer trades and IT skills. However, OPF Vocational Training Program was discontinued on the advice of BOG in its 102nd meeting held on 16-10-2006. Accordingly, all Vocational Training Centers (VTCs) were closed.
|PERIOD OF OPERATION||NAME OF OPF TRAINING INSTITUTION / OTHER TRAINING INSTITUTE||NAME OF VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM||NUMBER OF TRAINEES TRAINED|
|1980-2000||OPF Polytrade Schools (PTSs), Karachi, Islamabad, Swat, Peshawar, Mirpur, Kotli (AJK) and Chakwal.||OPF Regular Vocational Training Program, Prime Minister’s Special Training Program.||57,000|
|1994-1996||Vocational Training School Projects: Khangarh, Layyah, Hafizabad, Dherki, Rattodero, Gawadar and Faqirwali.|
|2001-2006||OPF Polytrade Schools (PTSs) Peshawar, Swat and IT Centre Quetta.||Revamped OPF Vocational Training Program.||2000|
|2003||National University of Modern languages (NUML), Islamabad. Pakistan Institutes of Medical Sciences (PIMS), Islamabad.||Capacity Building Program for Trained Nurses.||179|
|February,2005 – April,2005||Construction Machinery Training Institute (CMTI) Rawalpindi.||Training for Earth Moving Machinery Operator.||60|
|July,2013 till to date||OPF Vocational Training Centre, Peshawar||Direct Training Program, Collaborative Training Program with NAVTCC, FDA and TUSDEC.||487|
- OPF intends to establish new vocational training centres (VTCs), one each in Sindh, Baluchistan, Gilgit Baltistan and AJK to impart training to the youth of the country in demand driven skills / trades in Gulf Countries. Keeping in view the limited financial resources, OPF will make efforts to seek financial and technical support of donor agencies.
- Efforts will be made to guide the OPF trained persons for seeking overseas employment as well as procedures involved.
- OPF will impart Vocational Training to Overseas Pakistanis Children in prominent technical training centre in Pakistan.
- OPF Direct Vocational Training Program
After reactivation of OPF Vocational Training Program in 2013, 276 trainees (including 145 from FATA, 28 referred by NAVTTC and 103 through direct training program) were trained at OPF VTC Peshawar for six (06) months duration course in two trades i.e. Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning (RAC) and Electrical up to June, 2017.
- OPF Collaborative Vocational Training Program
- OPF Training Division Trained 127 students in various construction industry and home appliances maintenance and repairing trades in collaboration with NLC Applied Technologies institute, Dina (Jhelum), Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF) and Technology Up-gradation & Skill Development Company (TUSDEC).
- Trained 84 youth from KPK technical training institutes in various market oriented skills in collaboration with Technology Up-gradation & Skill Development Company (TUSDEC).