OPF had introduced Financial Aid Scheme in 1980-81 to provide financial assistance to the destitute families of Overseas Pakistanis in the event of death or disability of Overseas Pakistanis, while working abroad or a period of three years from the permanent return to Pakistan. Deceased and Disabled overseas Pakistani should be a registered member of OPF. This is one time non-refundable grant aimed to help the bereaved family to overcome their initial financial problems soon after the demise or disability of their earning members. Presently, OPF provides an amount of Rs. 400,000/- to the families of deceased Overseas Pakistanis and Rs. 300,000/- to disabled applicants.
- The deceased and disabled Overseas Pakistani should be a registered member of Overseas Pakistanis Foundation. Following valid documents are required to check the eligibility criteria of applicants:-
- OPF Membership Card (Voluntary and Compulsory).
- Pakistani gets himself protected by the Protector of Emigrants by depositing Welfare Fund for employment abroad. Page of Passport where stamp and signature of the Protector of Emigrants are affixed will be considered as evidence for OPF Membership.
- Insurance Certificate issued by the State Life Insurance Corporation of Pakistan duly attested by the Protector of Emigrants with Registration Number, date and Stamp should be acceptable as OPF Membership.
- If an intending Overseas Pakistani gets himself protected by the Protector of Emigrants and deposits Welfare Fund for employment abroad but dies in Pakistan prior to his departure abroad; his/her family or dependents are also entitled to avail the facility of financial aid.
- Cases of those registered overseas Pakistanis will be considered for grant of financial aid who died/became disabled while working abroad or within three years from the date of their return to Pakistan. The death/disability applications should be filed within the period of three years as per criteria given below.
a. In case of death/disability abroad, three years period will be considered from the date of mishap.
b. In case of death/disability within Pakistan, three years period will start from the date of return to Pakistan.
- Cases received after the period of three years from the date of death or disability or from the date of permanent return to Pakistan.
- Tempered documents and incorrect information.
- Photocopy of prescribed application form is used.
- The following dependents of the deceased Overseas Pakistanis are in-eligible for grant of OPF Financial Aid.
- Re-Married Widow after the death of the deceased, at the time of receipt of payment.
- Adult Children. (Over 18 Years).
- Brother and Sisters of the deceased.
- Financially Sound Dependents. (Widow, Minors and Parents).
- If both husband and wife are OPF members only one time financial aid will be granted to the family, in case of death/disability of both the members.
- Partial disability or invisible disability.
- If parents of deceased are un-able to provide the concrete documentary evidence regarding the whereabouts/address/contact number or re-married status of the widow who initially applied for Financial Aid and the widow does not contact OPF for Six months for collection of Financial Aid then the granted amount /cheque issued will be cancelled after a period of six months with the approval of the Managing Director and said amount will be granted to other deserving applicant.
How to apply
ISSUANCE OF PRESCRIBED APPLICATION FORM
- Applicant should proceed to the OPF Head Office Islamabad or nearest Regional Office along with original Passport(s) of deceased, Death Certificate issued by host country and CNIC’s of deceased and applicant.
- An application form will be issued on provision of these documents.
- Prescribed Application Form filled in all columns along with latest color passport size photograph duly attested.
- Photo copies of OPF Membership Card, or page of passport where stamp of Protector of Immigrant affixed or Insurance Certificate issued by the State Life Insurance Corporation of Pakistan with number and stamp of Protector of Emigrants, Government of Pakistan.
- Photo copies of all passports of the deceased.
- Photocopies of CNIC/NICOP of deceased.
- Photocopies of CNIC of applicant (s).
- Photo copy of `B` Form of Minor and CNIC`s of adult dependents of deceased/applicant (s).
- Affidavit on stamp paper for monthly income of the applicant/family. (Duly signed by two witnesses and attested by Notary Public).
- Affidavit from widow regarding number of widows of deceased and that she has not re-married. (Duly signed by two witnesses and attested by Notary Public).
- Affidavit from parents regarding marital status of the deceased in case he/she is un-married. (Duly signed by two witnesses and attested by Notary Public/Oath Commissioner).
- Affidavit from the parents of deceased if their daughter-in-Law (widow) has re-married. (Duly signed by two witnesses and attested by Notary Public/Oath Commissioner).
- Death certificates issued by the host Country or Union Council/ Provincial Government.
- The concerned Specialist Doctor from a Government Hospital/ Institute clearly identifying the nature and level of present disability as well as improvement possibility in future.
- Disability Certificate from the Government of the Host Country will also be acceptable.
- At least two colored photograph (Post Card Size) showing the visible disability of the applicant.
ATTESTATION OF DOCUMENTS
- All documents should be attested by the Gazetted Officers/Secretary Union Council/Lumberdar.
- Affidavits should be attested by Oath Commissioner/Notary Public.
SUBMISSION OF PRESCRIBED APPLICATION FORM:
- Form filled in all respects along with the requisite documents duly attested should be submitted to the OPF Head Office (For residents of Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Attock, Jhelum and Chakwal) or concerned Regional Office (Lahore, Multan, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta and Mirpur AJK).
Timelines for Financial Aid Cases
The timelines will be effective to provision of complete application along with requisite documents.
OPF Financial Aid Grant
|i.||Overseas Pakistanis and legitimate legal heir (s) visiting OPF Head Office and Regional Offices.||Application form will be issued within one hour subject to the provision of requisite documents.|
|ii.||Form along-with required documents are submitted by the applicant in the respective Regional Office.||Receipt will be issued within one hour.|
|iii.||Spot verification (if required)||Within 30 working days.|
|iv.||After completion of documentation and necessary verification, the case file is computerized.||10 working days|
|v.||Distribution of cheque(s) through regional offices / section||As per schedule.|
Note: Financial Aid cheque(s) will be prepared according to the availability of funds on first come first serve basis.