Overseas Pakistanis who have proceeded abroad after 23rd March, 1979 on valid protected work visa by the Protectorate of Emigrants, Bureau of Emigrations & Overseas Employment (BE&OE) and Overseas Employment Corporation (OEC) are automatically registered with OPF and can avail the services of OPF.
Those Overseas Pakistanis, who are not registered with OPF can do so by getting themselves registered voluntarily with OPF after paying Rs. 2,000/- each once for all on standard terms and conditions.
Overseas Pakistanis remain OPF members as long as they stay abroad.
To obtain OPF Membership, the following two categories have been defined:
Category I. Registered with protectorate of emigrants under section VIII of emigration ordinance and proceeded abroad.
Category II. Proceeded abroad for at least one year period but not registered with Protectorate of emigrants. This category also include the following status:-
- Indefinite stay abroad
- Valid Work/Employment Visa
- Students (male/female) of 18 years old.
- Dual nationality holder (Pakistani & any other nationality)
The following are not eligible for OPF Membership card
- A person holding passport bearing valid visa but not proceeded abroad.
- Holder of any kind of visit visa.
- A person proceeding for Hajj, Umrah, Pilgrimage and medical treatment abroad.
- Illegal emigrants (until they get themselves legalize as per law of the host countries
- Photo copy of valid passport
- Photocopy of passport page showing seal of registration with protectorate of emigrants.
- Pay order/ bank draft of Rs. 2000/- in favor of OPF as membership fee in case not registered with Protectorate of emigrants.
- Two passport size color photographs.
- Photocopy of CNIC/NICOP
- Photocopy of Valid Visa/aqama (Residence permit)
- Duly filled prescribed application form.
The membership card is valid during member stay abroad and after up to 3 years of his/her return to Pakistan.